Sunday, August 9, 2009

Umm...Awkward

First and foremost, it would be appropriate to explain that I create awkward situations. Usually it's intentional and sometimes it's just me being my weird and awkward self.

A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to visit Utah with my very dear friend and her wonderful family. We stayed in Heber, and camped for a few days then retreated back to Provo. During our stay in Provo my friend and I slept at her older brother's apartment, just right underneath her sister's apartment. I was a bit excited at the thought my friend's brother had a roommate and there could be a good chance he was single, and good-looking. When the roommate and myself were introduced, he proceeded to fill me in about his dating experiences. Actually, he explained in depth, his dating experience...hm..

Anyways, the next day we all stayed in at night and watched Knowing. (terrible movie by the way) During which, I was sitting next to the roommate, and I received a text message saying "Touch Jeff's Leg." I giggled. Then I put my hand to use. I rubbed the roommates leg. Then he did it back.... Uuuuuuuu yea. I sat on the couch next to this almost stranger almost as if I had died and the rigor mortis had already set in. He continued to tickle my hip even though I was obviously uncomfortable. A nervous laugh was all I could conjure up. I didn't think he'd do it back!

It gets better. The next day when the roommate spoke of the experience, he accused me of flirting with him. I automatically defended my case and pleaded not-guilty to his rash remark. Then he said, "You're right. You rubbed my leg! That's like worse than flirting!" So even though the leg rubbing wasn't favorable in my case, according to him it was a terrible thing....Sheese! I didn't think I was THAT bad!

2 comments: