Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dating SUCKS

First and foremost, dating is a game.  And in games someone always loses.  The goal is now to make it a tie.  That means to let the person take a lead and come in strong when you realize you're falling behind, or come in strong and the other person catch up.  But it's too difficult to get to an even placement.  
For instance, when you are newly procuring a fine-looker, if you call too much they person will think you are obsessed and might potentially frighten them away.  Or...may not call enough which leads to your name in the wandering abyss of their busy social life and they move on to better things.  But what is enough and not enough?  I don't think I'll ever know.
If you finally get past the "talking" stage or whatever that awkward getting-to-know-each-other phase is called, the feelings thing comes up way too soon.  And someone always likes someone more.  And then the heavy feeler will say something dumb like, "I like you," or even dumber like, "can you see us together in the future?"  Then someone gets rejected and they sayer feels like an idiot.  But then sometimes someone will wait too long to say anything.  And then someone will be accused of not communicating.  But why would someone want to communicate when they don't know when too soon is?
All too often it ends after the feelings thing comes up. I would be better off with brutal honesty.  Phrases such as: "Listen, I think you're hot but I only want to make-out."  or, "Hey I want to get married so I'm in it to win it," would be amazing.  Send the open ones my way!

3 comments:

Matthew Holladay said...

interesting...

Heather said...

Haha isn't it? Just an observation on past experiences and inspired by a conversation with a good friend:)

John said...

Well thought out blog. I enjoyed it. Some times it is nice on the guys side to her side or the honest truth because we might be traditional. I agree with your point... For you Heather, "silly boys" but for me "silly girls"